No Waitlists for Core Classes
- PPE does not maintain waitlists for core classes. If you are a senior who needs a core course to graduate and you were not able to secure it during advanced registration, you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- PPE can facilitate changing your recitation in a core course so long as you and a student currently enrolled in a different recitation section both come to the PPE office and request to swap your seats. Please do not drop your recitation before being instructed to do so by the PPE office - you will not be guaranteed the seat back!
- Do not drop a core course once enrolled. We do not maintain waitlists and cannot garuntee that you will be able to get back into the coruse.
Double Counting Courses
- You cannot double count courses in the major (completing a PPE major requires 16 distinct credits).
- Up to three courses from the PPE major can count towards a minor.
- As per University policy, no more than one course can count towards both the major and a sector.
- PPE does not place any restrictions on double counting towards another major beyond the University requirements, which state "Students who are double majoring must complete 18 unique course units between the two majors."
- As per University policy, pass/fail courses cannot be counted towards the major. The only time PPE will consider slotting a pass/fail course into the major - to be uncovered upon graduation - is (1) when the course was taken prior to declaring the major and (2) when the course would count towards a common foundation.
- Please note: Core courses are required for the major. Even if you sign up for one pass/fail, it will be slotted into the major's academic worksheet and the grade will be uncovered upon graduation.
Increasing Credit Limits
- PPE will only increase the number of credits a student may take in a semester by one over the number of credits where a student has performed well - B+ average or above. PPE will only increase a student's credit limit if she or he intended to take an overload of courses. PPE will not increase a student's credit limit in order for a student to reserve a space in two courses when she or he only plans on taking one.
- PPE has a minimum requirement of a C- for a course to fulfill a PPE requirement. If your grade is below that, please contact PPE.
- If you have a waiver for a PPE common foundation (e.g. ECON 001W or ECON 002W), you may substitute any other course taught in that discipline to fulfill the common foundation requirement. So, with an ECON 001W, you can fulfill your ECON 001 common foundation in major with any other ECON class.
- You cannot complete your capstone requirement abroad.
- PPE does not run any formal summer courses appropriate for applying for a CPT visa. Past students have successfully applied for a CPT visa by organizing an independent study, relevant to both the major and the internship, that took place during the summer session. As with other summer courses, summer independent studies are not covered by Fall and Spring tuition. So long you design a project that's appropriate for your theme - confirmed in advance with the Associate Director - PPE will request a permit for the summer independent study.
- Please familiarize yourself with the College's CPT Visa page.